Thursday, April 21, 2016

Happiness!!! :)

Happiness!!! :)


Hey Friends,
Welcome you all on my first post(originally written for my first blog on wordpress in 2009.)

As I look over the lovely mountain ranges of Coorg (a hill station in Karnataka) now and sit down to write my first post, the look at the receding sun, which is now illuminating the clouds on the horizon much more than where I am seated, is giving me immense delight in sheer admiration over the saffron turned landscape. For the moment, I just want to gaze at the scene absorbing the fast diminishing warmth of the setting sun amidst the chilled breeze. The pleasure that this serene view made me experience , made me strike at the question-- "What is happiness??"

So, I thought what else can be better than to begin sharing ideas other than happiness...!! After all that's what we all yearn for in our lifetime and work to sustain it. But how do we recognize when we gain happiness?? Is it just the absence of unpleasantness?? Looking over the sunset I can tell you NO!! It is something that fills our heart and thus can never be a void.

Is it then just an illusion of language which needs to compulsorily have opposites (like to know cold heat has to exist. To tell what is light there must be darkness, however these are not two entities rather two ends of the same grading scale!!) or is it really tangible!!!!???

As we ask everyone have different associations , definitions and opinions about happiness... I will b happy even if u just read this post and happier if you compliment... So how do we gauge it?? What gives us more joy a kiss from our love or our mom....? Measuring emotions seems to be the most exciting challenges before us since long... So how should we go about it...? Does bunking class is more fun or attending sitting next to our craziest crush ever :) is more blissful..... If money is happiness then why aren't richest the happiest... If love in life is the secret then why don't all love stricken souls feel on cloud 9!! If success is the holy grail then why does so many successful mortals feel stressed out... Feel the voids of true identities in their lives, feel the deficiency of honest relationships in their existence... A close friend of mine told me once.... "...only thing that scares me about success is the fear of being alone, as the pinnacle is too small to accommodate all the loved ones..............."

India amongst happiest nations!!! Where is the wealthy US or Societal UK!!!! So the mystery definitely lies somewhere else... Are we looking in the just direction ?? Or still do we know what to search for??? Is it inside us?? Or is it us!!! Is it the comforts money can buy or is it the possession of it?? Is it our loved ones or is it love?? What is it that is most vital?? To keep fulfilling all the immortal wants or just to contain one emotion- "desire!!!!" That doesn't mean being non-ambitious or content or passive..... As one good prayer goes:

" Hey Almighty,

give me the courage to change the things I can,

serenity to accept the things I cannot;

and wisdom to know the difference. "

How does faith, sense of belonging and belief of taken care of fit into the matrix of happiness!!!???

This evening today has given me lots to ponder. I now lean back on my chair contemplating as to how can we put the pieces of this puzzle together! Hopefully by the time I write my next post I have some revelations to share with you. Till then why don't you too share your experiences and experiments with 'Happiness' and give your thoughts over the jig-saw.

The sun is gone now but its 'presence' is still shown by the shining moon, and the evening is over but its 'existence' is still felt in my rejoicing heart.

Luv n Luk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment